Sunday, November 2, 2014

Geekdom Madness: The Ultimate Showdown of Ultimate Destiny

Only one will survive. I wonder who it will be?





This is it. This is what we've been building up to for almost eight months. All the voting, all the debates, it has all come down to this.

These are your choices. These are your champions.

The champion of the Left Bracket:


JAR JAR BINKS




The champions of the Right Bracket:

CALVIN AND HOBBES



Final Thoughts
Shortly after the preliminaries, I had a feeling it was going to come down to these two (well, three). And I knew that because of how much they both mean to me, I would have to abstain from voting in this final. Which is what I'm doing. I will not cast my vote except in the event of a tie, and even then I'll probably have to flip a coin. 

On the one hand, Jar Jar deserves this win because he gets so few, and he was cheated out of his rightful place in film history. On the other hand, Calvin and Hobbes deserve this win because of their enduring legacy, and their subtle influence of an entire generation. No matter who wins, I will be happy that your choices led to this.

The poll will be open until Friday evening as usual, but I may not post the results until Sunday, or at least later on Saturday - I have something special planned for whoever wins. As always, make sure you're viewing the WEB version of the site and vote in the poll on the right-hand side of the screen. Feel free to discuss your pick in the comments below.


2 comments:

  1. Just curious, are you going to post this year's Halloween photos?

    ReplyDelete