Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Listmas 2013: Eight Crazy Nights - First Candle

One of my more profoundly aspie traits is that I have a great love of lists and listing things. I love seeing the correlative order. It's why I stay until the end of the credits in movies even if I know there's no stinger. It's why I read and/or watch Top [X] Lists even though I hate how arbitrary they can be.

It's why, last year, I made posts on the Twelve Days of Listmas, listing my favorite things by categories.

Funny thing about personal tastes is that they can change based on new information and the growing of a person. Hence I wanted to check back in once a year to do it all over again. At this point, however, I don't have quite enough changes for twelve.

But I can push it to eight.

Thus, with Hanukkah coming early this year (yes I'll still blog my loot, but it'll start a day or two late due to Thanksgiving), I'm revisiting some of my lists over the next week.

First up: Pokémon!




There's at least one major change in each of the three lists from last year to coincide with the release of Pokémon X and Y. Most notably, I extended the top Pokémon to 25 (this will be a theme this year) in order to incorporate some of the new Mons and a few oversights from last time.

Pokémon Games in order of Least Favorite to Most Favorite
12. Black2 and White2 (only because I haven't played it yet)
11. Ruby and Sapphire
10. Yellow
9. Platinum
8. Black and White
7. Red and Blue
6. Gold and Silver
5. Diamond and Pearl
4. Emerald
3. FireRed and LeafGreen
2. X and Y (and most likely Z)
1. HeartGold and SoulSilver

Top 25 Pokémon
25. Yveltal
24. Tynamo/Eelektrik/Eelektross
23. Scyther/Scizor
22. Froakie/Frogadier/Greninja
21. Cyndaquil/Quilava/Typhlosion
20. Piplup/Prinplup/Empoleon
19. Eevee and the Eeveelutions
18. Magikarp/Gyarados
17. Abra/Kadabra/Alakazam
16. Aerodactyl
15. Noivern/Noibat
14. Shinx/Luxio/Luxray
13. Totodile/Croconaw/Feraligatr
12. Deino/Zweilos/Hydreigon
11. Treecko/Grovyle/Sceptile
10. Fennekin/Braxien/Delphox
9. Lugia
8. Rayquaza
7. Poochyena/Mightyena
6. Pikachu/Raichu
5. Meowth/Persian
4. Mew
3. Snivy/Servine/Serperior
2. Charmander/Charmeleon/Charizard
1. Mewtwo

If I was a Trainer, and I could only have Six Pokémon, No Legendaries, but Any Starters, and At Least One Set from Each Generation, My Fully-Evolved Team Would Be:
1. Charizard
2. Feraligatr
3. Sceptile
4. Luxray
5. Hydreigon
6. Delphox

Notice here that I eliminated the Three Starter Rule, since the only three-stage evolutions I liked from Gen VI were the starters. Besides, Delphox being a Fire/Psychic is a perfect addition to my team even if it is a little redundant with Charizard's Fire-typing, since Psychic and Fire were always my favorite types in general.

See you tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment