Saturday, July 6, 2013

50 Ways to Say Goodbye: The Geek Version

That's cool but if my friends ask where you are I'm gonna say...




She was stabbed by a Nazghul
Poisoned by Nightlock
Met her past self and exploded in a paradox
Help me, help me, I'm no good at goodbyes!

She was Avada Kedavera'd
Impaled by a glider
Sliced up and left for dead on Mustafar
Help me, help me, I'm all out of lies...

She was bled by a vampire
Severed from her Daemon
Rolled a 1 on a DC 27
Help me, help me, I'm no good at goodbyes!

She tried to solo Onyxia
Got frozen by Ice Beam
She wore a red shirt on the away team
Help me, help me I'm all out of lies...
And ways to say you died

8 comments:

  1. Funny! Did you write this parody?

    I love the original song as well. Reminds me of driving through city streets at the beginning of Senior year. It sounds like a weird combo between adult contemporary acoustic guitars mixed with Spanish horns.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I wrote this. I dig the song too, but as you can see my mind went elsewhere.

      Delete
  2. I like Train's stuff, with the exception of "Hey Soul Sister." There was a period of time where the radio would play it to death. Though "Drops of Jupiter" is a masterpiece.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually, I do hope that the subject of "Hey Soul Sister" is NOT the subject to this song.

      Delete
  3. Is it because of the whole story behind "burning a wooden model of a dude in a desert" for HSS and tying it with "Ways to Say Goodbye" therefore conveys the implication things went horribly wrong in that situation? Or is it something else (I just looked up the song info, and I guess it's about an annual ceremony that does just that.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has nothing to do with Burning Man. My fear is that HSS was written for the love of his life while Ways is one of the most bitter break-up songs I've ever heard. Is Ways just tongue-in-cheek for the fun of it, or did HSS have a sad ending after all?

      Delete
  4. This was a break up song?! Had no idea. I hope it's tongue in cheek.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, yeah, it's all about how "I'd rather tell people you couldn't show up because you died horribly rather than just say you left me."

      Delete