Monday, January 14, 2013

Clone Wars 100th Episode: 5.12: Missing in Action

Interesting choice for 100th episode...



Colonel Gascon and the Droids are still mucking about on the Void when they meet an amnesiac clone named Gregor and help him remember who he is.

For a 100th episode, I admit to feeling mostly underwhelmed. At least until Gregor shows up. Any episode that humanizes the clones always leaves a sour taste in my mouth because of the futility of the whole thing. We know Palpy is playi9ng both sides so nothing really matters. It does not feel good at all.

That said, again like other episodes that humanize the clones, the characterization is extraordinarily well-done. But I feel like Gregor would have been much better off with the unusually evil diner cook.

In a way I'm lucky I missed it last week, since this ending feels like an arc ending and yet, according to the episode list, we've got one more before I can do a post-mortem on the whole arc, and any and all other comments I have regarding this episode have to do with the arc itself.

So you guys can wait another 45 minutes, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment