Wednesday, August 1, 2012

WW: Pandaria is Approaching.

This will just be a quicker update like Monday. My supervisor is on vacation for the next two weeks, so I've picked up a few extra shifts this week and next week.

I'm sure most of you are aware that the release date for Mists of Pandaria has been announced in the past week. September 25th, 2012.

It's oddly early, but I'm optimistic that it means Blizzard is confident that it's ready. Beta certainly seems on-track, bugs notwithstanding.

But it kind of sucks for me for two reasons.

1. September 25th is my wife's birthday. My wife is not a fan of WoW.

2. This year, September 25th happens to be Erev Yom Kippur, or the eve of Yom Kippur. This is a Jewish Holiday (which means it's on a lunar calendar, i.e. sundown to sundown) that represents the Day of Atonement. We fast and pretty much do nothing but pray in temple for 24 hours (12 if you count sleep time).

That means: no food, and certainly no electronics.

On the plus side, I'll miss launch lag.

No comments:

Post a Comment