Saturday, July 21, 2012

Its. Just. BORIS!

With everything else going on, I forget to give you guys a review of a movie I've seen recently! It was so good, I saw it twice in the theatres!

But then, what else could you expect from the Men in Black?




I absolutely loved the first two films (the first way more than the second, but I still loved II), so I was cautiously optimistic about MIB3. And let me tell you, it didn't disappoint.

There's not much I can tell you that won't give the story away, and if you're an MIB fan like me, you need to see this if you can find a theatre still playing it. Still, long story short, it's an excellent time-travel movie. Jemaine Clement plays the villain Boris (the Animal) and manages to be both hilarious and terrifying at the same time (something Vincent D'onofrio managed with Edgar but Lara Flynn Boyle fell short of with Serleena). Micheal Stuhlbarg is also fantastic as an alien with a comedic version of Dr. Manhatten's temporal singularity syndrome.

Of course, everyone is gushing about how pitch-perfect Josh Brolin is as a young K. For once, everyone happens to be right.

It's funny, it's poignant, it has some great effects. All staples of a Men in Black film.

Unless this is the one where K forgets to leave a tip...that was close.

No comments:

Post a Comment